The Yale School of Management announced new faculty appointments and promotions effective July 1.
New faculty members will join the school in four different groups.
In marketing, Deborah Small, Laura and John J. Pomerantz Professor of Marketing at The Wharton School, will join Yale SOM as Professor of Marketing. Additionally, the school has hired two new adjunct professors of marketing: Corey Cusimano, who earned a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania and completed a post-doc at Princeton last year, and Joowon Klusowski, who earned a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania and was a postdoc at Yale last year.
In finance, Alp Simsek, Rudi Dornbusch Associate Professor of Career Development at MIT, who visited Yale last year, will join the faculty as professor of finance, and Paul Fontanier, who holds a doctorate from Harvard University, is a new Assistant Professor of Finance at Yale SOM.
Three new Assistant Professors of Organizational Behavior will join the Yale SOM faculty:
- Laura Adler, PhD from Harvard University
- Jennifer Dannals, assistant professor at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
- Jayanti Owens, assistant professor at Brown University
Zachary Bleemer, who earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, will join Yale SOM as an assistant professor of economics after spending the last year as a postdoc at Harvard University.
In addition to new recruits, Yale SOM has promoted the following faculty members:
- Jidong Zhou named professor of economics
- Tristan Botelho named associate professor of organizational behavior
- Julia DiBenigno becomes associate professor of organizational behavior
- Song Ma becomes associate professor of finance
- Michael Sinkinson appointed associate professor of economics
- Thomas Steffen appointed associate professor of accounting
- Tony Sheldon, Executive Director of the Social Enterprise Program, Senior Lecturer in Management Practice
- Todd Cort, Faculty Director of the Sustainability Program, Executive MBA, and Faculty Co-Director, Yale Center for Business and the Environment, at Senior Lecturer in Sustainability
Among senior faculty, Edieal Pinker, BearingPoint Professor of Operations Research, will assume the new position of Associate Dean, Strategy; and Heather Tookes, professor of finance, will assume the new position of assistant dean of the faculty. In addition to his promotion, Sinkinson will also spend the coming year as a senior economist on the Council of Economic Advisers to the President of the United States.
Read a story about Pinker and Tookes dating.