COLONIE, NY (NEWS10) – The South Colonie Central School District has announced its 2021 “Stuff the Bus” Toys for Tots campaign. The district will be holding toy drives at several locations in South Colonie.
The school district will launch the campaign at Saddlewood Elementary School on November 29 at 9:45 a.m.
“Many families in our community face a financial burden every year when planning a vacation,” said Superintendent of Schools, Dr. David Perry. “We are grateful that we can provide some support and contribute to the children in our community by working with our partners to facilitate these journeys. “
The South Colonie transport service will facilitate toy pick-up:
- November 30 at Shaker Road Elementary from 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- December 1 at Veeder Elementary from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- December 2 at Sand Creek Elementary from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- December 3 at Roessleville Elementary from 9:30 am to 9:45 am
- December 6 at Lisha Kill Middle School from 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- December 7 at Forest Park Elementary from 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Families in South Colonie can donate new, unwrapped toys for children in need. Those interested in participating should send their child to school with the toy or make arrangements to drop off the toy before the scheduled collection date.
Community residents are also encouraged to participate by bringing a new, unwrapped toy to one of the participating locations or to the South Colonie district office. Due to COVID, those who drop off toys are required to wear face covers and follow social distancing protocols. Toys will be left at reception.
A toy drive will also take place at the Recreation Center in the village of Colonie. Families can drop off unwrapped toys there on December 9.
The campaign is in partnership with the US Marine Corps Reserve and the Village of Colonie. You can find more information about the Toys for Tots program on their website.