The Little Rock School District is hosting a drive-through event for district-wide preschool registrations at Rockefeller Early Childhood Center on Saturday.
The event, which offers the option to grab a drawing every hour for tablet computers, will take place Saturday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the venue, 700 E. 17th St. in Little Rock.
The district offers pre-kindergarten classes for 3 and 4 year olds at several locations in the district.
The district provides the following checklist of materials families will need to register their child on Saturday:
• Pre-k registration request completed.
• Completed preschool choice form.
• Child’s birth certificate / visa / passport / military identity card.
• Child’s social security card.
• Two proof of address such as a current utility bill, a current rental contract, a government agency document, a mortgage statement, a personal property tax bill, a vehicle registration or a insurance.
• Proof of income for all parents / in-laws / guardians at home. This could be 30 days of current pay stubs, letter from employer on letterhead stating income and payment frequency, IRS Schedule C or Schedule F for self-employed workers. ; or the current W-2 form for each adult living at home.
Those who are unemployed are asked to produce a notarized declaration of absence of employment income. A free notary will be on site on Saturday for the use of the unemployed. A government issued identity card is required for the use of the notary’s services.
More information, including application forms, is available on the district website: https://www.lrsd.org/EarlyChildhood or by calling (501) 447-7360.
The District Early Years Office is located in the Geyer Springs Early Years Center, 5240 Mabelvale Pike. Use the 51st Street entrance.
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.