SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Governor Baker is scheduled to attend a dedication ceremony for the newly renovated Springfield Prep Charter School on Thursday.
Governor Charlie Baker will be joined by Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito, faculty and students for a ceremony for the renovated $ 20.4 million school located at 2071 Roosevelt Avenue in Springfield at 12:15 p.m. take place outdoors, weather permitting, or in the school gymnasium with speakers including the following:
- Governor Charlie Baker
- Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito
- John Davis, Trustee, The Irene E. and George C. Davis Foundation
- City Councilor Michael Fenton
- Founder and Executive Director of Springfield Prep, Bill Spirer
- Shawna Mitchell, Deputy Director of Springfield Prep
- Cyrine Fioklou, Founding Student of Springfield Prep, Grade 7 Student
Springfield Prep Charter School is a 50,000 square foot public school for nearly 500 students from Kindergarten to Grade 7. The school includes classrooms designed for its unique two-teacher model, subcommittee rooms for small-group teaching, a full gymnasium with a stage for performances, and rooms dedicated to the sciences, the arts and to the dance.
22News is covering the event and will provide a live broadcast on WWLP.com.